How to Dry Your Carpet, Upholstery, and Grout Faster!
Drying your carpet, upholstery, and grout is all about air movement.After having your carpet, upholstery, or grout professionally cleaned, the drying time is directly affected by air temperature and humidity. Your flooring will dry faster with a less humid environment. Below are tips for reducing the drying time.
Tips for drying your carpet, upholstery, and grout faster:
- Turn on all ceiling fans to help circulate air throughout your house.
- Air movement and temperature are the key to drying your carpet, upholstery, and grout after it has been cleaned.
- Turn any and all fans on including the furnace fan. Remember to turn it back to auto when the drying process is complete.
- Turn off any humidifiers during the heating season and turn the heat up.
- Turn the air conditioner on during the cooling season or open windows when the outside humidity is low.
- Don’t walk all over your carpets! Walking over your wet carpets will mat the fibers down, increasing their drying time. Try to minimize your foot traffic to assist in faster drying times of your carpets.